For the first time, I received an email from a recruiter seeking a social strategist with 10 years business experience (not just social) an MBA and ability to manage a team of 10 for a total comp of $350-400k. That’s a far stretch above the normal, which I hear is at director level. Let’s see what happens as this space continues to heat up when you see a shortage of talent, frequent poaching, and potential job hopping.
The hires in the social business space continue to heat up, in fact the market research data (read the report) shows that hiring is the top spend in 2011. Expect there to be more hires over coming quarters.Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in. In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Simon Kemp joins We Are Social as Managing Director, We Are Social Singapore Simon will be responsible for We Are Social’s operations in Asia, heading up an inital team of 3. I just met with Stefano a year ago, and now this growing agency has over 120 employees across the globe.
- Dale Reeves joins TE Connectivity (Tyco Electronics); Middletown, PA as Manager, Global eBusiness and Marketing Responsible for all eBusiness marketing, Web platform, eCommerce, analytics reporting, Social Media practice, integration to PR & off-line.
- Steve Johnson joins HootSuite as Chief Revenue Officer Bringing experience as VP of Channel Partners from Constant Contact and Blackbaud, Steve is heading up HootSuite’s go to market channels.
- Darren Suomi joins HootSuite as Vice President of Sales With experience as Global VP, Enterprise Sales at SAP AG and Sales Director as Business Objects, Darren will oversee the HootSuite Enterprise Sales team.
- Greg Gunn joins HootSuite as Vice President, Business Development Already working with HootSuite, Greg is now responsible for building relationships as he did at Terapeak, Research Advanced, TeamPages.com and Idea Builders.
- Matt Switzer joins HootSuite as VP Corporate Development Matt will help grow companies and is currently VP of Corporate Development at HootSuite. Previously an Investment Banker at Bank of America Merrill Lynch , Matt advised on mergers and acquisitions after which he joined a venture capital firm focusing on mobile, social and telecommunications.
- Adarsh Pallian joins HootSuite as Director of Apps and Integrations Adarsh oversees HootSuite’s App Directory program. He is also responsible for the integration of HootSuite’s acquisitions, including Geotoko, Twapper Keeper and What The Trend.
- Brian Komar joins Salesforce.com as Industry Solutions Director for Public Sector and Campaigns plans, develops and executes all marketing programs for the U.S. Public Sector and campaigns
- Cassandra Jeyaram joins Liquid Media Consulting as CEO Social marketing, communication and marketing strategies and campaigns. I’ve spoken Cassandra a few times and have seen her work at IHG, she’s class A! congrats.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.