Over the past few years, I’ve been managing these hire mentions, they started out as slow, then moved to monthly, however the industry is picking up and I’m publishing twice a month as this space continues to accelerate forward.
The hires in the social business space continue to heat up, in fact the market research data (read the report) shows that hiring is the top spend in 2011. Expect there to be more hires over coming quarters.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in.
In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Former Forrester colleague, Peter Kim, has been promoted at the Dachis Group as Chief Strategy Officer
- Mitch Canter joins Bridgestone of America to help with an Environmental Project Website as a Designer/Developer
- Our own Susan Etlinger at Altimeter Group has been promoted to Industry Analyst, focused on analytics.
- Joe Barbagallo (blog, twitter) is now Social Media Manager at Volvo.
- Jaclyn Raineri, Social Media Community Manager at Volvo
- Alex Tripi, Social Media Community Manager, at Volvo
- Brad Kenney joins Dachis Group as Client Partner Manage social business intelligence programs
- Kelly Colgan joins Identity Theft 911 as Social Media Marketing Manager and will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of all social media plans, policies and activities, as well as creating a measurement system to track and monitor progress.
- Corbin Pendleton joins BBDO Atlanta as Social Media Associate Oversee the social media properties and strategies for their client, AT&T.
- Mallory Hartline joins BBDO Atlanta as Senior Social Media Manager Oversee the social media properties and strategies for their client, AT&T.
- David B. Thomas joins Radian6 as Director of Social Strategy Creating social media adoption roadmaps and sharing best practices with Radian6 customers and the community.
- Phil Gerbyshak joins Turning Minds as Marketing Technology Strategist Telling the right stories to the right audience using the right tools for the right reasons
- Edward O’Meara joins KBM Group as Senior Vice President, Group Director Mobile Practice head for subsciber analytics and predictive modeling for mobile industry
- Keith Bates joins uber seo Manchester as SEO consultant Seo analysis and link building
- Scott Burkey joins Macquarium as User Experience Strategist Responsivle for guiding clients through the use of social media from their users’ perspectives.
- Joe Gallagher joins Jun Group as Chief Revenue Officer will lead Jun Group’s sales and marketing strategy, manage its growing sales force, and oversee relationships with brand, media, and entertainment clients.
- Shane Barnhill joins Honeywell Aerospace as Digital Strategy Manager Responsible for directing Honeywell Aerospace’s digital strategy – including social media, mobile applications, online advertising and other digital programs – to achieve business goals.
- Cory O’Brien joins Heat as Social Media Strategist Director of an in-house, five-person Social Media Marketing Practice.
- Tech Mentro joins Tech Mentro as IT Training Institute or Center IT Training
- Chris Bucholtz joins SugarCRM as Editor, CRM Outsiders Chris will be the new Editor of CRM Outsiders
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.