Interesting post here by industry veteran Tac Anderson (former HP social strategist) about how strategists are changing jobs so quickly –and how it could be a detriment to their career. Be sure to read, as I know how recruiters are seeking to contact you all, so really think about completing your mission before moving on.
The hires in the social business space continue to heat up, in fact the market research data (read the report) shows that hiring is the top spend in 2011. Expect there to be more hires over coming quarters.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in.
In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Liza Sperling joins Seesmicas director of corporate relations, hailing from Lithium and formerly Scout Labs.
- Deirdre Walsh joins Jive Software as Social Media Champion, after moving on from launching a Social Business program at National Instruments. Read her Ten Ps on why she joined, gotta love the energy.
- Jamie Pappas joins AMP Agency as VP of Social Media Leading AMP’s social media initatives which include customer on B2C social campaigns.
- Matthew Pierson joins Porter Novelli as Senior Manager, Digital & Social Media Analytics.
- Adrian Parker joins RadioShack as Director, Social Media Steward the enterprise-wide social engagment strategy to enhance customer, associate and stakeholder experience
- Jeff Humphreys joins Franworks as Manager Digital and Social Media Provide strategic social media insight, manage an online community and handle all online tasks.
- Jared Reed joins SteadyRain as Senior Online Marketing Manager Jared manages all aspects of clients’ online marketing, but specializes in ppc, seo, and social media
- Rohn Jay Miller joins Native Instinct as Partrner Leading Content Strategy + Social Media practice, opening Minneapolis office
- Jon Davies joins Chatter as Partner Partner with responsibility for technology, consulting with clients on building employer brand with tools including social media.
- Gautam Ghosh joins Qontext Inc as Product Evangelist To build awareness of the Qontext collaboration and Enterprise 2.0 product amongst analysts and prospective buyers and to support the sales team.
- Nadia Tiourtite joins We Are Social France as Account Director Will bring her expertise as a digital planner to the team, help manage existing clients and win new business
- Guillaume Lalu joins We Are Social France as Account Director Managing existing clients and growing new client relationships
- Matthew Scott joins Crowdtap as Vice President of Strategic Development Responsible for driving Crowdtap’s go-to-market strategy and will lead the customer sales and partnership team.
- Nicole DeRuiter joins Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market as Social Media Manager Manage directly as well as inter-department coordination of all social media use
- John Porcaro joins Metia, Inc. as Director, Social Media Driving social media strategy for Metia’s clients.
- Jerry Yin joins PMI Group as Senior Manager, Web and Social Media To lead the social, web, and mobile marketing strategy for PMI.
- Amber Rinehard joins Text 100 as Global Community Manager Building the brand’s internal and external communities via owned media
- Jennifer Wendt joins APC by Schneider Electric as Global Social Media Director Create the social media strategy for the IT Business, build platforms & networks, monitor and measure the company’s presence, and build the tools/networks needed to implement our strategy successfully.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.