Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in.
In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry
An interesting period of time, we saw commentary on how NYT removed their social media position, a future trend we outlined in our research report, Career Path of the Social Strategist. Please congratulate these folks, in our last On The Move of the year.
- Angela LoSasso, former social strategist at HP, printing group, is now with Research in Motion (Blackberry) and is excited about her new gig. I’ve worked with her on a few occasions and know good work will come from her.
- Adam Singer joins Lewis PR as the Social Media Practice Director, based in SF. I’ve interacted with Adam a few times, and each time his creativity and commitment to measurement of the practice impressed me. Here’s to his continued success.
- Ginevra Kirkland joins Wieden+Kennedy as Community Manager adding more digital communication knowhow to the agency.
- Zach Bayer has joined SelectMinds as a Director of Alliances and will be focusing on expanding partnerships with talent management companies.
- Steve Murthey joins Accenture Interactive as Social Media Capability Architect Social media strategy, managed services and technology to support client internal and external SM initiatives.
- Carrie Estok joins Yellowbook.com as Digital Community Manager Demvelop and oversee community development and consumer-facing social media properties for Yellowbook.com and Weforia.com, their new group buying site
- Joel Nathanson joins Bank of the West as Head of Social Media to develop and execute social strategies and programs
- Jennifer Smith joins Office of Broadband Sustainability (WI) as Communications Director Communications and education on statewide broadband installation project (web, social media, print, collateral, training materials, etc.)
- Bill Wagner joins Vocus as Executive Vice president (EVP) and chief operating officer responsible for the company’s day-to-day global operations in sales, service and marketing
- Christopher Navin joins 5LINX Enterprises Inc. as Social Networking & SEO Specialist Managing and implementing social media plan, strategy, marketing concepts, promotions and seeking opportunities to build and enhance each of his projects.
- James Bruno joins Vocus as SVP, Corporate Development Bruno will focus his efforts on driving growth via merger and acquisitions (M&A), to meet both the company’s short and long term business objectives.
- Cory Huff joins Janrain as Account Manager Consulting with Janrain clients on social sign-in and sharing technology.
- Jerry Silfwer joins Whispr Group as Executive Digital Strategist Community management, reputation management, crisis prevention, guidelines and strategies.
- Rachel Clarke joins Momentum as Head of Engagement Intelligence, heading a team of social media experts and digital strategists
- Ken Domen joins Nike as Enterprise Collaboration Lead working on social business strategy for entire company
- Jared Reed joins 4ORCE Digital as Senior Digital Strategist Jared and develops digital strategy for clients acrooss SEO, SEM, and SMM.
- Zachary Nippert joins MotiveQuest LLC as Director, Client Relationships Managing & growing key account relationships for MotiveQuest out of our New York office.
- Michael Kieran joins Gigya as Client Services Manager Working with web site owners to improve engagement by leveraging their users’ social networks.
- Mark Kovscek joins Converseon as SVP of Enterprise Analytics Mark will lead Converseon’s Enterprise Analytics team – integrating Conversation Miner – Converseon’s social media intelligence tool – with critical business data and insights to create enterprise-focused unified analytic solutions.
- Bill O’Neil joins 7Summits as Creative Director O’Neil’s new role at 7Summits involves managing the delivery of marketing strategy, visual design, and user experience for engaging Social Business Solutions.
- Charlie Treadwell joins Cisco as Marketing Strategy Manager Leverage social media in CSR
- Patrick Gladney joins Social Media Group as Director of Research & Insights Lead the relationship, development and deliver of key accounts.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.