Things appear to be picking up in the economy, and I’d like to continue to recognize those moving in the social media space. I’ve started this post series (see archives) to both track and congratulate folks who get promoted, move, or accept new exciting positions. Please help me congratulate the following folks:
- Mike Pascucci leaves AAA Mid-Atlantic, and accepts the job of Social Media Strategist with Ektron, a Content Management System (CMS) company based out of Nashua, NH. Find him on Twitter at @mikepascucci.
- Kingsely Joseph leaves Salesforce and joins Digital Chocolate an digital gaming company in San Mateo as Sr. Product Manager, Social Games at Digital Chocolate. I’m sure I’ll be hearing a lot about his new ventures, as we share the same building (keep it down up there alright? kiddin), find him on Twitter at Kingsley2
- Former Facebook platform marketing manager Josh Elman joins Twitter as the Product Manager. I’ve interacted with Josh frequently during his role at Facebook, and found him insightful, helpful, and now a friend. Best wishes to Josh on his new adventure at yet-the-next-big thing. Find him on Twitter at @joshelman
- Warren Sukernek leaves Radian 6 and was hired at Lift 9 as the Partner & VP of Strategies. Warren will be responsible for leading teams in providing actionable insights from the company’s socail media research and analytics solutions, find him at @warrenss
- Gwen Peake joins Ford Motor Company as the Digital Communications Manager Reporting to Scott Monty, and will coordinate digital communications & social media efforts for Ford. Find Gwen on twitter at @gwenj.
- Mike Osswald is promted at Hanson, Inc., a digital agency as VP, Experience Innovation Where he will focus on identifying future-forward, significant trends and technologies. His focus on, social technologies will allow co-workers and channel partners to engage in all facets of product and service design.
- Additionally, Lisa Wilberding also joins Hanson, Inc as the Midwest Social Engagement & Messaging Strategist where she will define, plan and execute long-term Social Engagement solutions for clients, as well as create messaging for web sites and interactive communications.
- Dan Kidd is hired at community platform vendor Neighborhood America as a Senior Director, CPG, Custom Research where he’ll be focused on Social Media Campaign Analytics.
- Last but not least, congrats to Augie Ray, who was hired at Forrester Research as an industry analyst covering Social Computing For Interactive Marketers. We wish him the best in this fantastic new role –congrats to the team! Find him at @augieray
How to connect with others (or get a job):
Several people have been hired because of this blog post series, here’s how you can too:
Submit an announcement
If you know folks that are moving up in the social media industry, fill out this form.
Seeking Social Media Professionals?
If you’re seeking to connect with community advocates and community managers there are few resources
This list, which started with just 8 names continues to grow as folks submit to it. List of Social Computing Strategists and Community Managers for Enterprise Corporations 2008 –Social Media Professionals.
Job Resources in the Social Media and Web Industry
Web Strategy Jobs powered by Job o Matic (Post a job there and be seen by these blog readers, these affiliate fees pay for my hosting) Read Write Web keeps announcements flowing at Jobwire, although is broader than just social media jobs Facebook group for community manager group in Facebook Jake McKee’s community portal for jobs Chris Heuer’s Social Media Jobs SimplyHired aggregates job listings, as does Indeed ForumOne Jobs for Social Media and Community Teresa has a few jobs, some around community New Media hire has an extensive job database Social Media Headhunter Social media jobs Jobs in social media Altimeter Group’s list of social media consultants and agencies
Hiring? Leave a comment
If you’re seeking candidates in the social media industry, many of them are within arms reach, feel free to leave a link to a job description (but not the whole job description, please)