Want to know where the social media jobs are? Business Insider covers this growing career, showing how some social media marketing managers are earning $117,000 a year in Silicon Valley.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in. In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Chris Saad is promoted to Chief Strategy Officer at Echo, and will lead strategic implementations for Echo’s customers while ensuring that the company adheres to its long term focus on open standards and innovation. I’ve known Chris for many years, and lean on him for his expertise in the social, media and data space.
- Adam Singer joins Google, a friend of mine, and experienced practice leader in the space joins Google with a focus on Analytics, congrats!
- Christopher Fleener joins The New School as Social Media Director, where he plans and oversees a comprehensive social media strategy for The New School in New York City.
- David Neff joins Ant’s Eye View as a Senior Consultant. David joins the expanding playbook pratice team in the Austin office. The playbook pratice is part of the training and readiness service line.
- Todd Rankin joins 33Across as Detroit Sales Director Sales Director
- Courtney Kurland joins 33Across as Midwest Sales Director Sales Director
- Maurice Moore also joins 33Across as Vice President of Sales for CPG & Retail Maurice is responsible for growing the company’s revenue from these channels and creating a go-to-market strategy.
- Amber Porter Cox joins Lithium Technologies as Agency Partner Manager Responsible for creating, shaping and overseeing the global rollout of Lithium’s agency partner program. Effectively, this candidate will architect, implement and lead the agency and SI partner revenue framework for the company.
- Noel Pullen joins HootSuite as Director of Web Noel is charged with analyzing and delivering the most useful and reliable web-based social media functionality as fast as possible to HootSuite customers.
- Aki Kaltenbach joins HootSuite Director of Solution Partners. Aki is responsible for developing and managing HootSuite’s Solution Partner Program which includes the management, training and coaching of Partner Managers, as well as engaging with international Solution Partners.
- Don Martelli joins d50 as Media Senior Manager of Integrated Communications Responsible for developing content strategies that reach mass media in coordination with the social team, i.e. PR fused with social media
- Abigail Gilmore joins d50 Media as Social Media Journalist Abby participates in day-to-day social media efforts for clients as well as act as a “feet on the street” reporter and representative for client events.
- Alexander Castro joins Adchemy as vice president of products Alexander’s product management experience will further Adchemy’s product strategy and roadmap.
- Judy Madden joins Adchemy as vice president of human resources Serve as the driving force behind Adchemy’s 2012 prerogative to hire top talent
- Karen Cassel Caring.com executive vice president and general manager of performance marketing Responsible for scaling Caring.com’s business to effectively expand its offering and better serve more of the 43.5 million Americans providing unpaid care to their aging and ailing loved ones age 50 or older; focused on helping families across the country who haven’t yet found the right eldercare resources, or who are in immediate need of caregiving information and support
- Tom Humbarger joins AppleOne (part of the Act-1 Group) as Manager, Marketing and Social Media Strategy AppleOne is a leading staffing company with over 200 offices in the US and Canada. Tom will be responsible for expanding and protecting AppleOne’s customer relationships with an emphasis on participation within social media and related platforms.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Social Media Jobs Facebook Group
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.