Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in. In fact, this is the second time this month I’m posting this “On The Move” post due to submission volume. Clearly, there is more activity happening in the industry from my perspective, and I expect for this to continue, as we near planning for 2011.
In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which go back a few years.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry
- The social media powerhouse Louis Gray now joins My Sixth Sense as the VP of Marketing, congrats.
- George P. Johnson Experience Marketing Appoints Kenny Lauer Vice President, Digital Experience. I’ve worked with Kenny on personal projects and now in a professional relationship, and have been consistently impressed with his energy, spirit for new media, and willingness to connect and work with others.
- David Parmet, who’s been in this industry as long as I can remember, joins Converseon as Director of Communications Managing the agency’s public relations and marketing efforts.
- Colleen Carrington, joins as the new Online Mktg Mgr/Social Media of Concur Technologies.
- Dan Huss joins Digitaria, a digital agency as Account Strategist Account Strategists at Digitaria bridge the gap between business vision and tactical delivery. The strategist is dedicated and accountable to the client and remains a consistent layer, providing strategic leadership across multiple initiatives
- Joakim Nilsson joins Mangas Gaming Group as Head of Social Media Responsible for social media strategy for the Mangas Gaming brands, BetClic, Expekt, Bet-at-home, Everest.
- Jim Larrison joins Influentials.net General Manager & President Ex-Adify exec has been tapped to build a new business for Cox Media Group focused on the intersection of Brand Marketing and Social Media.
- Su Amaranayaka joins MYOB Online Community Manager Drive the use of online communities for support and marketing.
- Josh Pelz Gansevoort Hotel Group Social Media Manager Consumer engagement
- Mario Arauz joins Pan American Games Guadalajara as 2011 Social Media Strategist Social Media Strategist, Web Strategy, Program Manager
- Stacy Van Meter joins Deluxe Corporation Talent Community Manager Lead the social, mobile and new media strategy for Talent Acquisition
- Tom Diederich joins Ninety Five 5 as Community Manager Manage the company’s new 5 Online community and Ninety Five 5’s social media strategy
- Matt Thomson joins Klout as VP, Platform Define the business model and help with partnerships.
- Timothy James Dimacali joins GMANews.TV as Online Community Manager Development and management of social media strategies for news gathering and reporting.
- Myles Kleeger joins Buddy Media as General Manager, Strategic Brand Partnerships to oversee Buddy Media’s biggest and most important brand partnerships with global marketers who are looking to establish and grow their presence on Facebook around the world.
- Eric Lituchy joins Buddy Media as VP, Digital Marketing to oversee all of Buddy Media’s digital, email, search marketing, as well as demand generation, website strategy and optimization.
- Joe Ciarallo joins Buddy Media as Director of Communications to lead all media interaction and strategy and oversee company communications.
Submit a new hire
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.