It’s only been a week but there’s been quite a few changes, so I wanted to post this before the list became too long. Some big moves, esp Frank at Comcast joining Citi and Dell winning community expert Bill Johnston. I’ve been tracking new hires in this space since 2007, see the archives.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry
- Comcast’s famed community advocate Frank Eliason moves on from Comcast and joins Citi. Frank has really given a human face and shown good work at Comcast, increasing the trust in the community and truly being a brand ambassador. I want to congratulate him on his next move, I’ll be looking forward to his continued success. You can now track Frank at his new twitter handle.
- Long time community expert Bill Johnston takes a key role at Dell managing many of their community efforts. He’s an excellent hire, he’s professional, kind towards others, and extremely knowledgeable. Yes, Dell is getting a Bill.
- Jevon MacDonald, leaves Dachis Group and starts a new role as Entrepreneur in Residence at Innovacorp today.
- Ken Brady moves on and tweets that he’s “I’m now at W+K (@WiedenKennedy) in Portland. Digital Strategy, Community Management, Various Geekery.”
- Michael Fraietta, one of the Fltrbox team which was acquired by Jive Software has decided to move on and tells his story from his blog, see video.
- Ignace Blanco joins We Are Social France as Account Director Help with the development of We Are Social in France
- Valerie Elston joins Porter Novelli as Digital Strategist where she will evangelize digital strategy throughout the agency and client work, as well as help plan our client’s communication programs and infuse smart, creative, and measurable digital components
- Amber Porter-Cox joins GolinHarris as VP of Interactive Media. Amber will lead digital strategy and execution for GolinHarris’ Chicago clients and manage the local GH Dialogue team.
- Doug Regner joins Wildfire as Interactive Sales Manager of new business development with the world’s largest ad agencies and Fortune 1000 marketing departments
- Nick Ayres joins IHG as Social Marketing Manager Manage social media programs for international hotel family.
- Tyler Welch joins Ant’s Eye View as Senior Social Business Consultant. Tyler will work alongside Ant’s Eye View’s practitioner team to guide organizations through the process of transforming customer experience and brand engagement by activating and embedding customer voice in key aspects of their business.
- Ann Johnson joins Cobalt Group as Sr Manager, PR and Social Media Driving Corporate PR and Social Media Programs for The Cobalt Group.
- John Nugent joins Syncapse Corp as Managing Director, EMEA. In this new role, John is responsible for corporate development, new business development and client services at Syncapse EMEA. He also has a mandate to expand Syncapse’s team of high performance social technology experts at the company’s London office
- Congrats to Ben Kiker, Jive’s CMO who’s moved on, he did a fantastic job, we worked together in a vendor/analyst role since his start. Well done Ben, I look forward to hearing about your next adventure.
Submit a new hire
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.