The job changes continue, as the market continues to plow forward. Expect more senior level social strategist positions to get filled as social media becomes a mainstay in the integrated communications across multiple departments at companies. I’ve been tracking new hires in this space since 2007, see the archives.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry
- Gavin Baker, formerly responsible for social and emerging media at Ruby Tuesday Inc., has joined Moxley Carmichael as director of digital media.
- Michael Brenner joins SAP Americas as Director Online and Social Media Driving focusing on paid online media and social strategy for SAP North America
- Kerry Munro joins Syncapse Corp as Chief Operating Officer Manages for day-to-day client and growth strategy for global social technology company
- Paull Young joins ‘charity: water‘ as Director of Digital Engagement and Fundraising who will focused on leading digital strategy to meetorganizational fundraising goals.
- Evan Hamilton joins UserVoice as Community Manager He’ll be responsible for reading and responding to community feedback, encouraging evangelism and helping spread good community management practices. I’ve worked closely with Evan in the past, and have built a friendship with him, what a great hire and a true champion of customers.
- Craig Hepburn joins Nokia Global Director, Digital To increase focus and visibility on social media and digital strategies in alignment with Nokia business objectives.
- Alan Belniak joins PTC Director of Social Media Marketing and will serve as an internal consultant, leading both strategic and tactical approaches toward better incorporating social tools and themes into PTC’s products and connecting with and engaging customers.
- Erica Swallow joins Mashable as Editorial Assistant focused on writing and editing features posts for Mashable.com.
- Vadim Lavrusik joins Mashable as a Community Manager community outreach and social media management.
- Colleen Reilly joins Scrapblog.com as Vice President of Marketing and she will manage the marketing and content teams.
- Scott Derringer joins Scrapblog.com as Vice President of Product and he will manage the product and engineering team
- Apurva Desai Scrapblog.com as Vice President of Finance who will lead and manage all finance and administration at Scrapblog
Submit a new hire
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.