Despite a downturn in the economy, we continue to recognize those moving in the social media space. I’ve started this post series (see archives) to both track and congratulate folks who get promoted, move, or accept new exciting positions. Please help me congratulate the following folks:
- Barry Judge, Best Buy’s social savvy CMO has been promoted to a global role over marketing, expanding his role from North America Marketing. I enjoyed lunch with Barry recently.
- Stacy E. Lukasavitz becomes the Interactive Marketing Coordinator with the Detroit Regional Chamber
- Online community expert Dawn Foster joins Olliance Group as Senior Executive and Practice Manager of a new Online Community PracticeJacob Morgan(@jacobm) started a social media consultancy Mighty Mouth Media with 2 partners Connie Chan (@connieincalgary) and Roger Kondrat (@roger).Six Apart’s David Recordon joins Facebook as Director of Corporate Development, which suggests that Facebook will continue to open up.
- Fleishman-Hillard hired Jessica Smith as a VP in its Sacramento office, who will help build out the agency’s digital strategy on the West Coast, as well as be an agency resource nationwide. She will also support the firm’s FH Moms practice, which launched earlier this year.
- Michael Rubin joins Empower MediaMarketing of Cincinnati, OH as the Social Marketing Manager.
- Dan Thornton Joins Absolute Radio as the Digital Marketing Manager to further drive our successful community strategy and website.
- Deborah Schultz, Ray Wang, and myself join Charlene Li at the Altimeter Group. It tickles me to self-submit my own move.
How to connect with others (or get a job):
Several people have been hired because of this blog post series, here’s how you can too:
Submit an announcement
If you know folks that are moving up in the social media industry, leave a comment below, or if you’re feeling shy (it’s cool to self-nominate) send me an email. Please include a link to your announcement, and ensure you’re really living and breathing in the social media world –this is not a small aspect of your role.
Seeking Social Media Professionals?
If you’re seeking to connect with community advocates and community managers there are few resources
List of Enterprise Social Media Professionals
This list, which started with just 8 names continues to grow as folks submit to it. List of Social Computing Strategists and Community Managers for Enterprise Corporations 2008 –Social Media Professionals. Other job resources include:
Web Strategy Jobs powered by Job o Matic (Post a job there and be seen by these blog readers, these affiliate fees pay for my hosting) Read Write Web keeps announcements flowing at Jobwire, although is broader than just social media jobs Facebook group for community manager group in Facebook Jake McKee’s community portal for jobs Chris Heuer’s Social Media Jobs SimplyHired aggregates job listings, as does Indeed ForumOne Jobs for Social Media and Community Teresa has a few jobs, some around community New Media hire has an extensive job database Social Media Headhunter Social media jobs Jobs in social media Altimeter Group’s list of social media consultants and agencies
Hiring? Leave a comment
If you’re seeking candidates in the social media industry, many of them are within arms reach, feel free to leave a link to a job description (but not the whole job description, please)