It’s hard to believe that this desire to thank those on the front lines in digital mediums between customers and companies took off so quickly. The first year, it was just a murmur online and now it’s spread on its own to physical events around the world. I had nothing to do with the first group (Boston) leading the first ever physical event, but then quickly suggested that other regions (even my local area SF) to step up.
Blogs, Tweets, Pictures, and Videos of CMAD around the Globe:
Below I’ll curate the interesting voices around the world at the 2nd annual Community Manager Appreciation Day.
Find events and voices
- First of all, see all the regions around the globe and the companies and individuals that backed the physical events
- Physical events in Boston, NY, Austin, London, Barcelona, SF, Denver, Narobi, Amsterdam, Switzerland, Bolivia and Jordan.
- Then, see the waterfall of folks talking about the Community Manager role on Tweets tagged #CMAD
- It’s the second highest trending topic in Spain (They’re using the tag #CMDay) -Spanish
- Boston has their own Twitter stream #BosCMAD
Discussions about the role
- See the Wikipedia page
- Stats from Alterian, also see it embedded below
- The Community Manager at Reddit receives praise, and read the Q&A
- Africa celebrated Community Manager Awareness Day, see post and videos
- Connie Bensen from Alterian shares stats, also she shares what it’s like in the role.
- The folks at Fresh Networks discuss the Pros and Cons
- Sysomos does analysis on the event
- A community managers job never ends at 6pm by Social Media Club
- See Spain’s Community Manager Day website -Spanish
- More discussions spreading the globe and more here -Spanish
- What is a Community Manager? -Spanish
- IT Espresso -Spanish
- 15 Essential articles related to Community Managers
- Italian Community Managers share their experience -Italian
- Marketing Directo in Spain writes about the role
- Farland Group thanks community managers
- Hill and Knowlton London discusses the role of the CM in the social team
- Dell’s Bill Johnston who runs community discusses the purpose of this role
- Bill also discusses the importance of Stewardship in the industry
- Cisco salutes community managers, see this interesting logo they created
- Krisha De from Ireland salutes community managers, and lists out key characteristics
- Seesmic salutes their CMs
- eConsultancy provides best practices for community managers
- Computer Associates (CA) issues a press release and thanks their community staff (more here)
- Syncapse thanks their community team
- UserVoice thanks CMs and offers a product discount
- RacZilla shouts out to CMs
- Infographic: Inside the mind of a Community Manager (Get Satisfiaction)
- Raul wants to recognize these folks, but has some reservations about the title (a term hotly debated for years)
- Telligent salutes community managers
- Lisa Barone highlights 8 characteristics of a Community Leader
- Sysomos tips their hats to Community Managers
- Community Roundtable thanks folks
- Spiceworks, an IT community asks you to thank your CMs
- Find out how CM is like motherhood
- A discussion on Community Leadership
- Dachis Group says your Community Manager is King!
- Hootsuite salutes Community Managers
- Five essential tools for CMs
- Conversocial has a relevant CM interview
- I just learned Bolivia had an event, see the FB page, pics here and here.
- UserVoice has some tips on understanding CMs
I’m watching the various streams, and it’s very hard to keep up (data from Alterian found over 2000 tweets), but here are some select tweets.
- Flowers were shared in Singapore
- Community Manager, Bhavika Rambhai in New Zealand, enjoys time with team
- Jesse Stay at LDS thanks his team
- Dell thanks their team
- Financial Services firm Sun Trust connects
- In Jordan, the Queen’s team was present at the event
- Carol received some TLC from her team
- Erica, a Salesforce CM says this is her new favorite day
- Bas Jansen, a community manager in Netherlands feels the love (more)
- Justin Davey celebrates
- Pics in Jordan, Middle East, here, and here
- Barcelona, Spain
- The Suzy Orman show is behind their community manager
- Google takes care of their community lead, Vanessa
- Boston’s CMAD event
- NYC is hosting
- Boston’s event with Pistachio addressing the attendees
- Some CMs get spoiled with thanks and delectable treats.
- New Zealand’s CMs enjoy some great times
- More pics from CMs in Spain
- Videos and pics from Jordan
- An award of appreciation is presented in the Netherlands at the Dutch Community Managers Association (CMNL) Award., details
Kindly leave a comment below and I’ll aggregate into this post.
What’s success? In year 3 and beyond it just happens on its own, and I don’t have to promote if further, people forget that I spurred it. The real testament if our friends at Hallmark are able to get behind it.
And most importantly, a sincere thanks to those Community Managers are forging the relationships between customers and companies using these new technologies.
Stats how the day unfolded online from Alterian, see blog.
Spiceworks, an online community for the IT community literally rolls out the red carpet for Nic, their CM, more details, and read Nic’s perspective (be sure to read the various comments from all threads).
Want to hear what the job is really like? CA’s Community Managers show how they reach thousands of customers each day,
more info here.
Community Manager Insights from Get Satisfaction
Edelman Celebrates Community Managers with Quotes from the Industry
Boston was the first group to announce the first physical meetup and had over 120 registrants, see pics above, more here from SMC.
From Dion Hinchliffe, at ZDNet about the Community Manager’s many roles
Africa’s first Community Manager’s Day is document on this site, videos embedded above