What moves us tomorrow?
That’s the question BMW posed to its expert speakers at BMW Welcomes, held at BMW Welt in Munich, Germany, on June 23. where I served as emcee of event. BMW Welcomes gathers transportation futurists from around the globe to examine topics from Hyperloop to space travel.
In this video you’ll learn:
- What is the future of mobility?
- How is the space industry going to enable change?
- How will Hyperloop going to change transportation?
- And more.
What ensued was riveting conversation about the future of mobility and how major automotive players and international technology innovators are rethinking car ownership in favor of new transportation innovation and sharing behaviors. The Collaborative Economy will play a role, though it’s only a starting point for change. The future goes beyond self-driving cars, holding promise for a complete transformation of all aspects of society and transportation.
Event speakers included:
- Frank Salzgeber, Head of Technology Transfer Program Office, European Space Agency
- Daniel Wiegand, Startup presentation: Lilium aviation
- Dirk Ahlborn, CEO Hyperloop
- Mariana Avezum, Startup presentation: WARR Hyperloop
- Oliver Heilmer, Head of Interior Design BMW, BMW Group
BMW defines “Future Mobility” as the way we will transport ourselves in the future by significantly increasing range, speed, and acceleration of our journeys, while simultaneously reducing cost and environmental damage. Watch the entire event below for more insight into the projects that will shape our lives forever.