In the embedded presentation above, I assert that 2015 Is the Year of the Crowd, and make the point in a few ways:
- The growth in nearly every sector of society with the expanded Collaborative Economy (healthcare, logistics, municipal, corporate and more), see Honeycomb 2,
- Massive funding in this space, which has overtook funding to popular social networks, see spreadsheet,
- How the disruptive incumbents are pushing back –legitimizing the movement, see disruption deck,
- How brands are moving into this space, their adoption is clipping upward, see timeline of brands,
- How Crowd Companies, a council for large brands that we founded, which has experienced over 100% growth, see Crowd Companies.
Below is the predictions slide, which calls out an area for discussion across the whole movement. In particular, read Lisa Gansky’s piece on Fast Company on how the startups should start sharing the value with the people that are making them popular. I’d love to hear your thoughts on what the future spells for the Collaborative Economy in this coming year.
This presentation was from the LewEb keynote in Paris on Dec 9, 2014 (picture of audience), you can watch the live video, to get the full context of the slides, below: