For many years, forward moving companies have been investing in innovation centers that are being used for companies to tap into new technologies, media,and devices. I’m seeing a growing trend of companies outside of the tech space that are investing in these types of labs, and wanted to start a list that I will maintain for a period of time. To keep things managable, here’s what I’m seeking:
The companies that will make this list must be within the following parameters. Feel free to leave comments of others.
- Corporations with over 1000 employees.
- Ideally, a lab with a dedicated physical location, resources and staff.
- A focus on technology and or media.
- Name, URL, and location if available.
List of Corporate Innovation Labs
Leave a comment below, and credit the contributor, see parameters listed above:
Agency and Services
- Deloitte HIVE, Rosslyn, VA (via JR Reagan)
- IPG Media Lab, NY (via Ken Burberry and G. Kofi Annan)
- TCS Innovation Labs, at least 15 locations (via @KirstenParagona)
- AllState Innovation Services, pic, IL (via Eric Gottloeb)
- Capital One Labs, SF, Arlington (via Matthew Smith)
- Citi Innovation Labs, Dublin, Singapore, & Lodz,
- Fidelity Center for Applied Technology, Boston
- MasterCard Labs, NY (link via Peter Kim) and Dublin, (Marcy Cohen)
- Wells Fargo Labs
- Home Depot Innovation Lab, Austin (via Rob Howard)
- Lululemon Lab, Vancouver
- Nordstrom Innovation Lab, Seattle
- Staples Velocity Labs, Cambridge
- Walmart Labs, Mountain View
- Avaya Labs (via Devin Davis)
- AT&T Innovation Lab, Business Labs, and AdWorks Lab
- Bell Labs (Alacatel Lucent), Murray Hills, NJ (via Stu Miniman)
- Ciena Labs, Mobile Locations
- Comcast Labs, multiple locations (via JT. Ramsey)
- EMC Labs, multiple locations (via Stu Miniman)
- HP Labs, Palo Alto
- IBM Research Labs, 12 global locations (via Stu Miniman)
- Intel Labs, Multiple Locations (via Stu Miniman)
- Microsoft Research, Seattle
- Oracle Labs, multiple locations (via Stu Miniman)
- PARC, Xerox, Palo Alto
- Telefonica, multiple locations (via Simon Whatley)
- Qualcomm Lab Inc.(via Shawn Venkat)
- Verizon Innovation Centers, multiple locations
- Vodafone Xone, Silicon Valley (via Simon Whatley)
- Vodafone Test & Innovation Centre near Frankfurt (via Simon Whatley)
I’ll continue to keep this list updated for a few weeks, and will make additions as they emerge in comments. Later, we will use this data for future research, you can access my prior reports on the research page on this blog (upper tab).