Request: We want to hear from you. Tell us on your blog or website how the “Sentient World” impacts your business (positively or negatively), and we’ll cross-link to the conversation.
Altimeter Group continues its blog ring in September and October to deepen understanding of our three research themes. The next theme of focus is the Sentient World. Consider these key questions when contributing to the conversation on your blog or website:
- Sentient World rolls up trends like internet of things, body data, big data, cloud computing, nfc and beyond, I presented a keynote at LeWeb discussing this theme, see video.
- Once the information exchange begins, how can companies and users participate?
- How do dialog and conversation shift as consumers begin establishing relationships with inanimate objects?
- What content should organizations offer, and how can employees, customers, and partners leverage this content?
- What are the pertinent elements of “new data” that should be used as signals and metrics of interaction, performance, and satisfaction, or its opposite?
- What are the appropriate metrics, and how is success measured in this new world?
- The research theme of focus for July and August will be Sentient World (SW). Short-form definition: As more inanimate objects start to develop data and intelligence as they connect to each other, a network of autonomous interactions will emerge. In the future, our devices will be able to manage, analyze, report, predict, forecast, and more — while humans experience their days more intelligently and efficiently. Understanding the intersection between physical and digital, while discerning signal from noise will become base-level survival skills for organizations. Read the full SW description on our website.
- Be on the lookout for each Altimeter analyst to share their take on how SW applies to their individual specialty. Altimeter analyst blogs can be found here, and all posts will also be aggregated on the main Altimeter Blog and SW theme page of the Altimeter website.
- In addition to aggregating Altimeter analyst blog posts, we will also post a link to all thoughtful blog posts submitted by our readers. You can submit your post using this form. Posts that we determine as especially insightful will also be linked to from the main SW theme page on the Altimeter Group website.
- All submitted posts will be linked to in individual tweets via Altimeter Group’s Twitter account (@altimetergroup).
All questions regarding the blog ring may be directed to jaimy [at] altimetergroup [dot] com.
We appreciate your assistance in helping to drive industry research, growth, and conversation in a community environment that all can benefit from. Feel free to reuse the Sentient World icon found in this post, as well as our themes webinar: http://slidesha.re/JtB2S5
We look forward to reading your posts!
Thank you to Jaimy Szymanski (Altimeter Researcher) for drafting this post and being a leading force in Altimeter’s research efforts around these three themes, you can follow her on Twitter or read her bio.
- Chuck Kent provides his perspective of Genuine Brand Trust in the age of Artificial Intelligence
- Sprinklr discusses intelligent machines in their post on Sentient World.