Interestingly, I’ve been meeting more compliance, legal, and governance professionals in meetings involved in brand side discussions around social business strategies. To understand the needs of this specific role’s goal is to protect the company but enable business to connect to customers Altimeter conduct an Open Research project
My colleagues Analyst Alan Webber and Researcher Jaimy Szymanski interviewed 33 professionals and vendors on the front end of social media risk management and surveyed 92 professionals who said social media risk management was either a significant part or the primary part of their job. The result is our report Guarding The Social Gates: The Imperative For Social Media Risk Management which looks at the newly emerging field of social media risk management.
If you’re a social strategist, (or serve one on agency or vendor side) it’s important you know how to manage risk as you roll out social business programs. Please forward this research report to those who are guarding the gates.
This Open Research report includes:
- Interviews with 33 professionals of vendor and risk management, including those from top brands.
- Survey of 92 professionals who have a significant part or the primary part of their job in risk management
- Nearly a dozen frameworks, graphics, charts, and flow diagrams
I will cross link to insightful reviews and related content.
Want a trail to growth and resources? Find out who’s hiring…welcome to On the Move!
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in. In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- While not a conventional ‘hire’, SHIFT communications (early social business player) rejiggers ownership and gifted to current and future employees with shares of company ownership (edit: I had incorrectly had indicated the shares were for purchase)
- Peter Kim departs Dachis Group to hang out his own shingle as a free agent, congrats Peter, we were former colleagues at Forrester.
- Tac Anderson leaves Waggener Edstrom and returning to the United States, after leading digital strategies in London, welcome back.
- Edelman Appoints Adam Hirsch SVP, Emerging Media and Technology, formerly of Mashable.
- Dave Peck joins PayPal as Lead Social Media Manager Lead PayPal’s Social Media Strategy, congrats Dave.
- Josh Pelz joins Engine Shop Agency as Vice President and Head of Digital Design and implement digital strategy across all clients.
- Cosmin Ghiurau joins RadioShack as Director Social Media Leading the Social Media practice at RadioShack. Responsible to provide thought leadership and social marketing strategy to 35K global team members in 27 countries. Directing the the multi-channel experience for customers in 6,000 global locations from an acquisition, engagement, retention, and advocacy.
- Chung Cheong joins 33 Across as VP of Product Management Chung will spearhead product strategy, vision, and development of new products for 33Across Chung will spearhead product strategy, vision, and development of new products for 33Across
- Neil Fried joins 33 Across as Vice President of Business Development Neil will lead 33Across’s business development efforts, just as he did at Yahoo!, where he was formerly Director of Business Development and led strategic advertising technology partnerships.
- Virginie Glaenzer joins LiveWorld as VP of Marketing Marketing
- Kasey Skala joins Mutual of Omaha as Social Media & Online Marketing Manager Managing social media and online marketing for consumer and Individual Financial Services.
- Wesley Clock joins ThoughtWorks Studios as Community Manager Facilitator of conversations on the community website and social channels.
- Valérie Vecchioni joins We Are Social France as Account Director Valerie joins us today to support the development of the agency, particularly following the gain in recent months of several new budgets, such as Renault France, Moet & Chandon, Pernod Ricard and Murat Paris
- Shail Khiyara joins Spigit as EVP & Chief Marketing Officer Leading world-wide marketing efforts
- Ian Robin joins HootSuite as Director of Sales – EMEA To improve the quantity, quality and service levels of our customers in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Shannon Paul joins Fifth Third Bancorp as Vice President, Social Media Develop and lead social media strategy for the enterprise
- Jenna Odett joins Unmetric as Manager, US Sales & Business Development Responsible for new business development across industries in the United States
- Tim Tulloch joins Hootsuite as Regional Director, Strategic Accounts, New York Responsible for growing HootSuite’s client base amongst strategic accounts in and around New York City.
- Dennis Jenders joins Laughlin Constable as VP, Digital + Communications Strategy In his role as VP of Digital + Communications Strategy, Jenders will provide strategic leadership and insights for integrated clients on a regional and national level.
- Matthew Brazil joins Conversocial as VP of Sales Matt will be leading our sales and marketing efforts as we continue our expansion to the United States.
- Brian Poulsen joins 7Summits as Front-End Developer Helping 7Summits deliver superior website creation, Poulsen has already delivered one major healthcare solution in the social business space and is poised to create more community-based solutions for 7Summits’ growing client base.
- Paul Jacobson joins 7Summits as Director of Front-End Development As Director of Front-End Development at 7Summits, Jacobson delivers on the agency’s promise of unique and advanced social business strategy with extensive experience in creative interactive solutions, rich user experiences, simple usability, user-centered design and smart development.
- Andre Malske joins 7Summits as Senior User Experience Designer At 7Summits, he champions user advocacy to deliver all solutions around user-centered design methodology, while preserving strong brand presence.
- Tim Mila joins 7Summits as Software Engineer As a software engineer, Mila develops integrated collaboration and community solutions inside and outside the experience.
- Naren Duvvuru joins Simplify360 as EVP and Head of Americas Drive Global Strategy and Sales
- Justin Kistner joins Spruce Media as Sr. Director of Product Head up product management and marketing
- Jeanette Gray joins HootSuite as Regional Director, Strategic Sales Asia Pacific Helping clients drive key business results using HootSuite
- Mark Yolton in promoted at SAP as SVP of SAP Digital, Social, Community In addition to responsibilities for SAP’s social media, communities, and tech events, added responsibility for all of SAP.com and country websites globally, plus online marketing
- Michael Agostino joins 33Across as Chief Technology Officer Michael will be responsible for 33Across’s technological vision, strategy, development, and technical operations.
- Miranda Man joins Bloom Worldwide as Social Business Strategist To deliver social business consulting to businesses
- Peter Wang joins adtivity by appssavvy as Senior Vice President of Engineering Development of the adtivity by appssavvy platform.
- Jeffrey Yang joins adtivity by appssavvy as Analytics Architect Analytics capabilities of the adtivity by appssavvy platform
- Bryan Valentini joins adtivity by appssavvy as Analytics Engineer Analytics capabilities of the adtivity by appssavvy platform
- Eli Daiches joins adtivity by appssavvy as Senior Platform Engineer Development of the adtivity by appssavvy platform
- Michael Kim joins adtivity by appssavvy as QA Engineer Quality assurance of the adtivity by appssavvy platform
- Derek Showerman joins Radian6 as Pricipal consultant Guiding fortune 5000’s through social media strategy
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Social Media Jobs Facebook Group
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.