Interestingly, I’ve been meeting more compliance, legal, and governance professionals in meetings involved in brand side discussions around social business strategies. To understand the needs of this specific role’s goal is to protect the company but enable business to connect to customers Altimeter conduct an Open Research project
My colleagues Analyst Alan Webber and Researcher Jaimy Szymanski interviewed 33 professionals and vendors on the front end of social media risk management and surveyed 92 professionals who said social media risk management was either a significant part or the primary part of their job. The result is our report Guarding The Social Gates: The Imperative For Social Media Risk Management which looks at the newly emerging field of social media risk management.
If you’re a social strategist, (or serve one on agency or vendor side) it’s important you know how to manage risk as you roll out social business programs. Please forward this research report to those who are guarding the gates.
This Open Research report includes:
- Interviews with 33 professionals of vendor and risk management, including those from top brands.
- Survey of 92 professionals who have a significant part or the primary part of their job in risk management
- Nearly a dozen frameworks, graphics, charts, and flow diagrams
I will cross link to insightful reviews and related content.
- Alan Webber, the lead analyst on this report, publishes
- We Are Social has published a risk management flow, and shared the report.
- Read Write Web: Defusing the Corporate Social Media Timebomb
- Ketchum: Social Media Risk and Reward
- SocialIQ Networks
- ZDNet covers the report, with a thoughtful critique