Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in. In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Although I’m a few months behind this, first of all, congrats to Mia Dand (twitter, linkedin) is Director, Global Social Media at Symantec, focused on building and leading social media strategy for Symantec’s Consumer Business. Includes content, campaigns, analytics, social commerce, and COE. I’ve worked with her at her prior employer HP and excited to watch her continued growth.
- Kelby Johnson joins Banyan Branch as Sr. Account Director Social marketing strategy, I’ve worked with Kelby on projects for years, and consider him a friend, congrats to both.
- TechCrunch’s gets New COO, Veteran Exec And Entrepreneur Ned Desmond.
- Patrick Cunanan joins thismoment as Team Lead, Brand Programs. He will lead the Brand Program team and production of all DEC (Distributed Engagement Channel) deployments.
- Brian Snyder joins GolinHarris as Director of Digital Directing interactive campaigns for clients in the midwest
- Rachel Medina joins UnitedHealth Group as Senior Communications Specialist – Social Media focusing on day-to-day social media channel management, measurement and analysis of UnitedHealth Group social media initiatives and assistance with social media strategy development.
- Qais Roussan joins The Online Project as COO. The COO is responsible for leading the financial and operational teams at The Online Project. He is responsible for developing new structures to make the operations more profitable and scalable, allowing The Online Project to effectively serve more high profile clients in the Middle East.
- Bill Robb is promoted at SAP as Sr. Director, Social Media Strategy. Bill has been promoted and continues to run the brand channels and social programs for SAP across our many properties.
- Dana Dillehunt joins Market America/Shop.com as Social Media Writer Primary content contributor for Shop.com and Market America social media.
- Amanda LaRiviere joins Market America/Shop.com as Social Media Manager Managing Market America and Shop.com’s social media properties.
- Patti Sellman joins LiveWorld as West Coast Sales Director Working with marketers on scaling their social efforts through moderation, community programming and insight
- Keith Wiegold joins LiveWorld as Midwest Sales Director Working with marketers on scaling their social efforts through moderation, community programming and insight
- Rita Yampolsky joins thismoment as Director of Operations, Studios Handling managing the operations of the thismoment studios team, including scoping, project estimation and resourcing for custom work at thismoment.
- Laura Burns joins The Institutes (AICPCU) as Community Manager Responsible for The Institutes Community management and coordinating digital marketing strategies, ensuring active and engaged communities.
- Adam Monago joins ThoughtWorks Studios as VP of Marketing Social strategy, customer engagement and product evangelism
- Cameron Uganec joins HootSuite Media, Inc. as Director, Marketing & Communications Cameron is responsible for growing the brand, through the development of an agile Marketing and Communications team that crafts compelling content and stories.
- Brian Bailard joins HootSuite Media, Inc. as VP Global Strategic Accounts Brian is responsible for growing HootSuite’s presence in the very largest corporate and government organizations globally.
- Joeline Hackman joins Strutta as Director of Marketing responsible for helping clients build stronger relationships with their customers.
- Patrick Searle joins Social@Ogilvy as Head of Social, Indonesia Accelerate the adoption of social business solutions by Ogilvy’s Indonesian clients.
- Zena Weist joins Expion as Vice President Strategy As Vice President of Strategy, Zena will work with our clients and demonstrate how Expion’s platform can be utilized as a solution to specific organizational and market challenges they face today. It’s been great watching Zena’s career continue to skyrocket!
- Rick Corteville joins LUXUS as Chief Executive Officer, Rick will lead all US operations and focus on building on Luxus’s strength as an international digital agency that’s known for creating beautiful work with a laser focus on ROI. Additionally, he will closely collaborate with the management teams in Helsinki and Singapore to further build global momentum for Luxus and its international clients.
- Bob Stanke joins Minnesota Timberwolves as Director, Interactive Services Oversees the strategic direction of the web and social media components for one of the NBA’s up-and-coming franchises, the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Jeff Peters joins The Halo Group as Social Media Specialist. Jeff is a social media advocate for Halo and their clients; a generator of buzz, awareness and conversation. He is a thought leader and a creative thinker who pushes the boundaries of marketing and communications.
- Clément Chapillon joins We Are Social France as Account Director Responsibility for developing and driving forward existing business, building and developing client relationships
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Social Media Jobs Facebook Group
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.