Industry Note: On a not so surprising note, Facebook continues to expand and will be hiring thousands of employees in locations such as NYC, Seattle, and likely in their new Austin location with the acq of Gowalla this past week. This growth of talent will impact our overall space as startups vying for software engineers will have to compete with lucrative equity packages from FB in those key markets. Often a secondary market of third party developers often emerge spurring on additional growth using the FB API.
Mark you Calendars now that Community Manager Appreciation Day is coming this Jan, please salute your community professionals.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in. In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- David Murray joins Moncur Associates as Director, Social Media Helping businesses communicate effectively on the Social Web.
- Marc Podell joins Jun Group as Vice President of Sales focused on social distribution of videos.
- Karen Lee joins Stanford Graduate School of Business employed to provide Social Web and Email strategy for the social media and email marketing strategies and execution for the Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Doug Kern joins Dachis Group as VP Product Marketing Launching the company’s social business apps, built on top of
- John Schneider joins Taykey as senior vice president of sales Schneider will lead Taykey’s efforts in bringing top brands and agencies on board its new platform, which uses trends to improve the performance of social media advertising.
- Although at Salesforce for a few months, I had the honor of meeting Jennifer Burnham, who is a Director, Social Strategy and Content at Salesforce, hailing from Adobe.
- I also got to meet Kendall Thornton a Community Analyst at Salesforce.com who works in the Social Media Command Center at HQ in SF responding, understanding, and analyzing community response.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.