While I’m comitted about tracking the roles in the social business space, earlier last week, I asserted that if the Corporate Social Strategist does their role well, it goes away, it drew quite a bit of dialog.
The hires in the social business space continue to heat up, in fact the market research data (read the report) shows that hiring is the top spend in 2011. Expect there to be more hires over coming quarters.Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in. In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Luke Kilpatrick joins Virtustream as Director of Social Media and Community Manage and execute Virtustream’s social media and community strategy
- Sonny Gill joins U.S. Cellular as Social Media Manager Help lead and manage social business initiatives within the organization.
- Karthik Chakkarapani joins Salesforce.com as Senior Principal Consultant, Social Enterprise Develop social enterprise strategy, solution architecture, implementation roadmap and adoption strategies
- Susan Elliott joins WebMD as Associate Director, Social Media & Community Charged with developing & managing the emerging media strategy for the site.
- Scott Levy joins Context Optional as Vice President of Sales, East Leading and further developing the already established East Coast presence
- Geordie Henderson joins HootSuite as Director, APIs & Integrations Geordie is responsible for the development, integration and publication of the HootSuite API portfolio that enables the provision of highly scalable access to HootSuite data for both HootSuite and partner applications.
- Louisa Thue joins HootSuite as Director of Analytics Louisa manages the development activity related to HootSuite’s analytics and streaming initiatives. Her top goals include optimizing internal development processes and collaborating on analytic product strategies.
- Gaurav Bhalla Ph.D. joins Passenger as Chief Innovation Officer. Dr. Bhalla will provide strategic insight on customer collaboration, co-creation, market research and innovation. He will work closely with the client services, business development, and product teams to drive Passenger’s point-of-view and approach to customer-led innovation.
- Anatol Vetters joins We Are Social in Deutschland GmbH as Account Director Strategy
- Greg Weber joins Jun Group as Director of Sales Social video sales with brands and agencies throughout the West Coast
- Connie Bensen joins Dell as Sr. Manager, Community Strategy and Execution Foster community engagement internally and externally at Dell.
- Ted Shelton joins PwC as Managing Director of Advisory focused on social business.
- Michael Hopps joins Cisco Systems as Social Media Marketing Specialist in San Jose
- Last but not least, I had the pleasure of meeting Christy Park who has joined Cisco system, who recently graduated Stanford and will be working as Social Media Marketing, Project Specialist
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.