The LA Times features how employers are hiring social media professionals, showcasing a sliver of how folks spend their time during the workday.
The hires in the social business space continue to heat up, in fact the market research data (read the report) shows that hiring is the top spend in 2011. Expect there to be more hires over coming quarters.Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in. In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Scott Gulbransen joins H&R Block as Director of Social Media, hailing from Applebees social media program, read his blog, as he provides insight on the role.
- Jon Barilone joins Digital Media & Learning Research Hub as Community Manager, where he leverages social media to initiate and maintain dialogue about the Digital Media & Learning Research Hub and its mission.
- Mike Beauchamp joins The Golf Warehouse as Corporate Social Strategist Direct and manage all social initiatives for the company’s four brands.
- Erica Kei founds Kei Consulting as Founder Social media media marketing consultant based in San Francisco.
- Jeff Risley joins Intouch Solutions as VP, Social & Emerging Media with oversight of social and emerging media teams
- Brycie Jones is promoted at Oregon Health & Science University as Social Media Manager Managing the social media strategy for the institution and its academic, healthcare and research missions.
- Jeffrey Mack joins Crestron as Social Media Marketing Manager Expand Crestron’s social footprint through increased engagement in established networks and entrance into new social channels.
- Tony Lorenz founds bXb Online as Founder Launched new company to help organizations to extend their face-to-face events with virtual and social media technologies.
- Peter Davison joins Ludvik+Partners as Managing Director of Emerging Markets Building up crowdsourced creative communities and new business opportunities
- Maura Ginty is promoted at Autodesk as Senior Manager, Strategic Research & Innovation Integrating search, social, and other new digital programs.
- Daniel Zucker joins Autodesk as Social Media Manager Lead social media strategy, analytics, training and cross-company work.
- Jim Gray joins Integrity Music as Digital Strategist will work closely with our digital team and artists to collaboratively create strategies
- Xavier Jimenez joins Lithium Technologies as Director, Product Management Focusing on product strategy alignment with social media innovation, customer analytics, and enterprise customer success at Lithium.
- Derek Sawchuk joins Passenger as Senior Community Strategist Business Development in Canada and Midwest, US.
- Jason Butka joins Passenger as Senior Community Strategist Develop new clients by building proper strategy, expectations and structure for research, innovation and advocacy based online communities.
- Karen OBrien joins Wunderman as Director, Social Media Practice Joining the Wunderman Seattle office to lead a Social Media Practice. I’ve known Karen for many years now, she’s wonderful, congrats to the new team
- John Schneider joins Taykey as SVP of Sales Heading up sales at Taykey, a Sequoia Capital backed start-up.
- Sachin Devand joins 33Across as Vice President of Platform Products He is currently responsible for developing next generation advertising products for 33Across.
- Carine Roman joins 33Across as Vice President of Operations Her responsibilities encompass analytics, media and sales operations, campaign optimization, and fulfillment.
- Pedro Mejia joins 33Across as Vice President of Finance In his broad capacity as VP of Finance, Pedro oversees multiple facets of the organization, such as finance, facilities, and HR, while also providing commercial and strategic partnership to the executive team.
- Last but not least, Rebecca Lieb joins Altimeter Group (where I’m an analyst) as our analyst focused on media, advertising, content.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.