The hires in the social business space continue to heat up, in fact the market research data (read the report) shows that hiring is the top spend in 2011. Expect there to be more hires over coming quarters.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in.
In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Louis Gray, joins Google+ team as Product Marketing Manager. I’ve known Louis since he made his big splash a silicon valley tech blogger, and it’s so great to see him join a growing team, big win for Google, Louis and the industry.
- James Andrews Introduces Social People TV. I’ve known James for a few years, and have continued to keep in touch with him, congrats to him on his latest venture.
- Daniel Reynolds joins DigiSynd (a Walt Disney company) as a Senior Manager, Social Media Strategy, having watched Dan’s work at Lexus, I’m sure he’ll continue to spearhead great work.
- Katie Glass joins FreshNetworks as Social Media Executive Implementing social business strategies for clients.
- John Fell also joins FreshNetworks as Account Manager Managing and developing existing clients and growing new accounts.
- Lauren Vargas joins Aetna as Community Management Strategist Developing enterprise community management policies and rules of engagement for both internal and external communities.
- Bastian Scherbeck joins We Are Social as Managing Director, We Are Social Munich Bastian will work with a locally recruited team both on the German aspects of Pan-European client work already won by other European We Are Social offices, and also on growing a base of local German clients.
- Niall Cook joins Sociagility as Owner/Advisor Advising clients of building in-house social capabilities
- John Kahan joins 33Across as Board of Director Kahan’s Depth of Data Experience to Accelerate 33Across’ Rapid Growth
- Sloane Berrent promoted at Lippe Taylor and ShopPR as Vice President of Digital Marketing Lead the agency’s digital efforts to develop integrated strategies that combine digital, PR, communications and branding for clients in the beauty, fashion, lifestyle and health/wellness spaces.
- David Binkowski joins Large Media as Partner Strategic counsel and big ideas to brands and agencies
- Larry Berkin joins Tapjoy as Chief Financial Officer Mr. Berkin will be responsible for expanding Tapjoy’s operations in Asia-Pacific countries. Mr. Berkin will work closely with key partners in the region to build Tapjoy’s ad-funded model of mobile application distribution into the mobile ecosystem throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
- Anurag Wadehra joins Baynote as CMO He’ll be leading the company’s marketing and communications strategy, and playing an integral role in aligning Baynote’s product roadmap with the challenges eCommerce organizations face to maximize multi-channel conversions.
- Jeffrey L. Cohen joins Radian6 as Social Strategist where he will work with B2B and B2C enterprise companies to assess their social media strategy and adoption, and advise them on how social media marketing, communications and engagement can help them meet their business objectives.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.