As the UK Government is on the hunt for their digital executive, more awareness is being given to these digital roles, from the Telegraph.
The hires in the social business space continue to heat up, in fact the market research data (read the report) shows that hiring is the top spend in 2011. Expect there to be more hires over coming quarters.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in.
In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry:
- Patrick Salyer, is promoted to Gigya CEO and is responsible for Gigya’s overall business strategy and day-to-day operations. Patrick previously held the position of Vice President of Strategy and Operations at Gigya
- Scott K. Wilder, Experienced Social Media Practitioner, Joins the Human 1.0 Team and Opens the West Coast Office
- A few changes at Edelman, Kevin King named global practice chair, David Armano named EVP of Global Innovation and Integration and Steve Rubel named EVP, Global Strategy and Insights. Congrats to these promotions within the firm.
- Andy Shaindlin announces that he is joining Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as Associate Vice President for Advancement (Alumni Relations and Annual Giving), and has a strong history of focus in the social media space for Alumni programs.
- Bilal Jaffery Associate Director of Marketing, Social/Digital at Bell Canada, leaving IBM
- Kristin Reichert, formerly Telligent’s Vice President of Finance and Administration, has been promoted to Chief Financial Officer.
- Telligent’s strategy expert, Cecilia Edwards, has also been appointed as Senior Vice President, Client Services. As a member of the senior management team, Edwards leads Telligent’s client services organization, which includes professional services, strategic advisory, and training.
- Scott Burton joins The Regence Group as Manager of Media/Public Relations Oregon Spokesperson, Social Media Strategist
- Lisa Woods joins OneAmerica/AUL as Web Content Manager, Retirement Services Web content and social media strategy
- Don Knox joins Native Instinct as VP Business Development. Don will be responsible for Client Satisfaction, new business development, marketing, partnerships and alliances at Native Instinct.
- Katinya Lilly joins Texas Instruments as Signal Chain and Wireless Internet Marketing Analyst Working with the Signal Chain and Wireless business units to the areas of SEO page optimization, metrics, web content management, and campaign support
- Josh Austin joins Backcountry.com as Social Media Manager Responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of the companies overall social media strategy.
- Eric Lowe joins BC Lottery Corporation as Senior Manager, Social Media Strategy Develop and manage corporate-wide social media strategies.
- Andrew Kisslo joins Microsoft as Group Manager Digital Marketing, Social Strategy, Web Commerce
- William Reichard joins Turning Minds as Communications Director Communications strategy and project management
- Michael Wiley joins Vivaki as EVP, Chief Social Media Officer Standardization of product offerings and product development, as well as M&A activities and education & training
- Greg Tirico joins Sage as Senior Social Media Manager Responsible for the overarching corporate social media strategy
- Colin Sutton joins OMD as US Director, Social Media Building and managing OMD’s social media business practice and provide thought-leadership to our clients.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.