We’re very pleased that Brian Solis joins the Altimeter Group as a Principle focused on business strategy, training, change management, metrics. Read Brian’s post, Flying to a Higher Altitude with Altimeter Group.
I’ve known Brian in the social business (it wasn’t called that, backthen) space now since 2006, in fact he came to an event I hosted at Hitachi, way back in 2006. Since then, we’ve become fast friends, our families dine together, and we’re physical neighbors in silicon valley just a few minutes away. Aside from being a long term friend, I’ve come to respect Brian for his immense raw energy and ability to communicate to thousands, if not millions of people using a variety of tools in new media, and his collection of books that I see on my client’s bookshelves on a regular basis. The man has amazing raw talent, there are few others that can do what he can.
We’re really honored to have Brian join us at our San Mateo HQ “The Hangar” and hope to see you there as we host community events. We really believe in investing on our team and staff, and are, we’re growing and hiring three analysts in Business Intelligence, Mobile, and Digital Media and Advertising. I hope you consider applying to join our growing family. If you’re an Altimeter client, feel free to talk to us how we can continue to serve you with our growing team, we’re pleased to add more value.
Lastly, as fate would have it we serendipitously were both in Las Vegas last night for separate client events and were able to toast.
Left: View of our spacious headquarters, The Hangar, in San Mateo. We’re poised and ready for more growth.
To meet the demand of our clients and new clients, Altimeter Group is continuing to hire since we formed up a firm in August, 2009.
We have three new analyst positions open, read Charlene’s post for a greater perspective.
- Business Intelligence Industry Analyst: The insight garnered from business intelligence is moving away from being the domain of a few experts and into the hands people who can put the analytics to work, thanks to the emergence of more powerful, easier to use BI tools. The result: companies who can harness the power of analytics throughout the organization will have a significant advantage over their competitors. (see details)
- Mobile Industry Analyst: From smartphones to tablets, mobile devices are changing how people interact with companies. This position focuses more on how mobile devices are being used and what companies need to do about these new interactions and relationships. It is less about the devices themselves, although a strong knowledge and insight into how the technology will develop is essential. (see details)
- Digital Media and Advertising Industry Analyst: Digital communications have been greatly impacted by the advent of social and mobile technologies, to the point where brands, marketers, and advertisers realize that their overall digital communication strategies need to be reconstructed. Gone are the days when “design, launch and wait” campaigns were the norm. The multi-faceted consumer and business person requires a multi-faceted but integrated approach. (see details)
Also, please welcome Zak Kirchner (his Twitter and his announcement on his blog (update)) our newest researcher, who will be working closely with our research team Christine and Andrew, here in our San Mateo HQ, and will be working on research efforts with Charlene Li and Alan Webber. We’re impressed by Zak because of his existing research background, and the research he’s already completed in the space of disruptive technologies.
Swing by our physical office “The Hangar” in San Mateo (see pic), we’re looking forward to meeting you, and we’ll be hosting a series of upcoming events.
My career mission since I launched this blog several years ago when I was running social at Hitachi (Shel Israel is writing a book about the early days) is to focus on how companies use web technologies to connect with customers.
Aligned with my mission, Altimeter’s Nov report on the “Career Path of the Social Strategist” has spread far and wide, and the definition for the list of the Corporate Strategists on the buyer side in 2011 (If you want to see who has buying influence). As a result, good friend of mine Marshall Kirkpatrick top editor of Read Write Web, conducted analysis to find out how these buyers are using Twitter.
Ross Mayfield, who recently joined Slideshare, has now conducted analysis using the same data set from my blog listing to find out how these strategists are using Slideshare, in particular, there’s a few folks that have shared some files that have travelled far and wide, and a few early adopters of the technology. This is an important channel to watch, as thought leaders are emerging by publishing their philosophies on slideshare (don’t be so myopic in focusing on Twitter).
In particular, I’d like to salute the following Corporate Social Strategists:
It’s one thing to use social media for your business objectives, but to also share what you’ve learned to better the industry, and I wanted to salute all those listed above, thank you!
On a personal note, It’s great to see how the research is being used, expanded, by the community.
The hires in the social business space continue to heat up, in fact the market research data (read the report) shows that hiring is the top spend in 2011. Expect there to be more hires over coming quarters.
Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in.
In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking since Q4, 2007.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry
Please congratulate these folks, in our last On The Move of the year. Thanks to Peter Kim for shouting out about this list.
- Maria Ogneva moves to Yammer as head of community, read Social Silk to learn more
- Augie Ray, former Forrester analyst joins USAA, congrats, job well done Augie.
- Greg Lowe joins Yammer as Enterprise Social Networking Artchitect Engage to help Customers achieve success with ESN’s
- Sandy Carter is promoted at IBM as IBM VP, Social Business Evangelism and Sales To begin and continue conversations on clients becoming Social Businesses
- Alexander Vandevere joins The Institutes (AICPCU) as SVP, Social Media & Comminty To aid insurance professionals in their career development by effectively leveraging social media and community building efforts
- Jameson Bull joins Feinstein Kean Healthcare as Social Media Specialist Conducting social media research and analysis and developing strategic communications recommendations for the firm’s lifescience and healthcare clients.
- Ashley Serotta joins Sermo as Senior Director, Membership Leads all membership acquisition, engagement, product and support activity for the physician-only community
- Adam Metz joins The Pedowitz Group as Director of Social Business Social focused on revenue, marketing, strategy, and services
- Christina Fan joins The Pedowitz Group as Customer Success Manager Demand Generation, Revenue Marketing, and Social CRM
- Edwin Thompson joins The Pedowitz Group as Director of Demand Generation Manages all demand generation programs at TPG
- Erin Korogodsky joins Lithium Technologies as Listener : Brainstormer : Corporate Communications Manager Corporate Communications Manager and Social Maestro
- Morgan Brown joins ScoreBig as Director of Social Media Responsible for social marketing and social product initiatives
- Chris Kieff joins A&P as Corporate Social Media Manager where he will Manage Social Media for A&P, Pathmark, Superfresh, Waldbaums and Food Basics Brands
- Shannon Johlic joins Locus Advertising as Director of Marketing, Interactive Shannon will oversee all of our marketing efforts, including: social media, analytics, media buying and planning, strategy, product development and launch, branding and our overall go-to-market strategy.
- James Gentes joins The Social Business as Founder & CEO Responsible for Sales, Marketing, and Client Services
- E.R. Silverbush joins American Technion Society as Online Marketing Manager Managing online initiatives, with a focus on social.
- Paul Choi joins Ubermedia as Senior Community Manager Expanding user engagement through community strategy and management.
Submit a new hire:
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.