Both the submissions on this job announcement board, as well as available social media positions at corporations continue to pour in.
In this continued digest of job changes, I like to salute those that continue to join the industry in roles focused on social media, see the archives, which I’ve been tracking for a few years.
People on the Move in the Social Business Industry
- Kaiser Kuo, a respected global peer, founder of China’s iconic rock band Tang Dynasty, has joined the Chinese and Japanese search engine company, Baidu Inc., and serves as the international media public relations director of the investor relations department.
- Michael Chin, who I’ve worked with extensively on projects joins SocialFlow VP, Marketing He’ll focus on bringing SocialFlow to market and help customers communicate better on the social web.
- Dave Knox joins Rockfish as Interactive Chief Marketing Officer I will help Rockfish to be a Digital Innovation Partner for our clients, working with them to understand and embrace the opportunities created by an increasingly digital world.
- Michael Stich joins Rockfish as Interactive Chief Operating Officer Responsible for Business Units, Creative and Technology teams
- Bryan Radtke joins Rockfish as Interactive Vice President of Strategy Lead strategy and execution with clients.
- Lena Shaw, who I’ve met a few times and have been impressed, joins UCSF Social Media Marketing Manager Develop UCSF’s presence in social media circles.
- Stephen Derbyshire joins CACI UK as Principle Consultant, eMarketing Leading campaign execution, eCRM and Social Media Marketing activities for clients
- Catriona Oldershaw joins Synthesio as UK Business Developer Expanding Synthesio’s – international web monitoring – Presence in the UK
- Edwina Dendler joins ReviewPro as Social Media Manager Manage ReviewPro’s Social Media Strategy
- Miko Mercer joins Invoke as Director of Communications Management of all external communications and public relations
- Jessica Smith joins Planit as Director of Social Influence Smith will lead the social influence team in the development of best-in-class word-of-mouth and social media campaigns. One of her first priorities will be to integrate social and WOM strategies into clients’ existing campaigns.
- Toby Beresford, Iskandar Najmuddin, Stephen Folkes join Syncapse Corp. Director of Sales and Partner Development, Technical Services Director, Creative Services Director (respectively) All three Nudge Social Media co-founders are joining Syncapse’s management team
- Matt Savarino joins ESPN.com as Community Developer Responsible for guiding and implementing the technical direction of the suite of ESPN Community products including Conversations, Message Boards and Profiles.
- Ryon Harms joins Farmers Group as Director, Social Media Leading all social media initiatives both for corporate and more than 15,000 independant agents.
- Ryan Stephens joins MD. Anderson Proton Therapy Center (MD. Anderson is #1 Cancer in Center in US – US News) as Marketing Coordinator (emphasis on digital) Leading social media & other digital initiatives for Proton Therapy
- David Akermanis heads to Edelman as Account Manager Focused on digital healthcare
- Saul Colt leads Saul! – The Idea Integration Company as Head of Magic Idea Creation and Execution
Submit a new hire
Seeking a job?
- See the Web Strategy Job Board, which includes paid submissions from the top brands in the world.
- Community Manager jobs by Jake McKee
- Social Media Jobs by Chris Heuer
- Social Media jobs, filtered by SimplyHired
- Social Media Job Network by James Durbin
- 25 places to find social media jobs by Deb Ng
- Community Manager Facebook Group
- Community Manager Appreciation Day (Every 4th Monday of Jan, yearly)
- List of corporate web strategists and community managers for 2010
- List of agencies and consultants by Altimeter Group
- Social Media Headhunter: Career advice, job postings and services
- New Media Hire community by Jim Long and team
Please congratulate the new hires by leaving a comment below.
Update: Corrected to Catriona Oldershaw for the Synthesio submission