It’s only been one month since my last “on the move” and the submissions are increasing in quantity. There appears to be either a trend of a lot of job movement right now, or the notoriety of the on the move series is increasing. I’m going to guess it’s a lot of the former and a little of the latter.
In an effort to recognize the changes in the social media space, I’ve started this post series (see archives) to both track and congratulate folks who get promoted, move, or accept new exciting positions. Please help me congratulate the following folks:
Also, my submission form has changed to a new URL, the former Google form was giving me problems, so please use this one going forward.
First of all, big shout out to BazaarVoice for their focus on human, here’s how they describe their onboarding process. Booong.
- Long time friend Karl Long joins Netbase as director of Social Strategy and Design. He hails from Nokia, and is fanatical about cool tshirts.
- Ryan Kruder is now VP of Marketing for Biz360, a social media monitoring and analytics company. Biz360 helps companies track who is saying what about their brand online and provides rich reporting to help make sense of the data.
- Laura Ramos, former colleague and analyst on the Groundswell team at Forrester now joins Xerox as VP of Industry Marketing, congrats Laura, best wishes.
- Andy Shaindlin hangs out his own shingle and will be consulting on Ideas, Trends and New Directions in Higher Education, he leaves Cal-Tech.
- Dana Oshirojoins NetShelter as the Senior Social Media and Publishing Strategist, where she’ll continue to lead conversations, publish great content. She’ll continue to work with Read Write Start, and is one of the famed RWW journalists.
- James Poulter leaves Ogilvy PR London to join as Digital Director at Euro RSCG Biss Lancaster.
- Thomas Knoll joins Zappos as a community manager, great way to continue to build community spirit.
- Jenny DeVaughn joins Bernard HODES Group as Director, Social Strategy Jenny joined the vast HODES digital team and provides clients with first-hand knowledge of best practices in social recruiting, sourcing and communications.
- Steve Goldner joins Hachette Filipacchi Media as Director, Social Media. With a focus on Increasing traffic and advocates for HFM brand sites via strong relationships with users.
- Dawn Foster joins Intel as Community Manager for MeeGo. She’ll be Intel’s community manager for the new MeeGo open source community.
- Lynne d Johnson joins Advertising Research Foundation, SVP Social Media guide members on how they can best utilize social media to gain insights and achieve their business objectives.
- Cosmin Ghiurau joins Samsung Mobile Strategic Manager Social Media & Emerging Technology. Cosmin will be setting strategy and overseeing Social Media initiatives from a Digital Marketing standpoint for all Samsung Mobile USA.
- Katy Beale joins Poke as a Strategis focused on social media and digital insights & strategies for global mobile technology brand
- David Nour founds The Nour Group, Inc. as a Managing Partner focused on Social Networking Strategist
- Gerardo Dada joins Bazaarvoice as Sr. Director, Product Marketing, focused on Marketing Strategy, thought leadership, messaging
- Scott Levine joins myYearbook asSenior Vice President of Business Development. Levine will partner with virtual currency sites, application providers, and media companies to advance myYearbook’s vision of creating the best place to meet new people.
- Alyssa Gardina joins Razor as Social Media Strategist, she’ll be developing social media strategies for a variety of national clients.
- Scott Gulbransen joins Sony Online Entertainment as Sr. Director of Global Public Relations & Coprorate Communications, and will lead all aspects of global communications including social media duties for the communications group at SOE
- Calvin Wong has been promoted at appssavvy as Chief Operating Officer, he’ll be leader of operations at direct sales team for the social media space.
- Matt Ceniceros joins Applied Materials asDirector, Global Media Relations. He’ll develop and execute traditional and social media strategy across the company’s diversified line of businesses and product categories.
- Jason Abrahams joins FFWD Brands PR/Social Media Manager. Abrahams will play a role in strategy, message development and tactical execution of both traditional PR and social media for the agency’s key small business accounts.
- Jessica Paponetti joins FFWD Brands asBrand Manager. Paponetti will play a role in strategy, message development and tactical execution of both traditional PR and social media for the agency’s key small business accounts.
- Ed Lee joins Tribal DDB asDirector, Social Media. He will run the Radar DDB Toronto practice for Tribal DDB
- Stefano Maggi joins We Are Social, Italy as Managing Partner. He will manage the Italian We Are Social, with Gabriele Cucinella and Ottavio Nava.
How to connect with others (or get a job):
Several people have been hired because of this blog post series, here’s how you can too:
Submit an announcement
If you know folks that are moving up in the social media industry, submit to this form
Seeking Social Media Professionals?
If you’re seeking to connect with community advocates and community managers there are few resources
This list, which started with just 8 names continues to grow as folks submit to it. List of Social Computing Strategists and Community Managers for Enterprise Corporations 2008 –Social Media Professionals.
Job Resources in the Social Media and Web Industry
Web Strategy Jobs powered by Job o Matic (Post a job there and be seen by these blog readers, these affiliate fees pay for my hosting) Read Write Web keeps announcements flowing at Jobwire, although is broader than just social media jobs Facebook group for community manager group in Facebook Jake McKee’s community portal for jobs Chris Heuer’s Social Media Jobs SimplyHired aggregates job listings, as does Indeed ForumOne Jobs for Social Media and Community Teresa has a few jobs, some around community New Media hire has an extensive job database Social Media Headhunter Social media jobs Jobs in social media Altimeter Group’s list of social media consultants and agencies Social Media Strategists and Community Managers for 2010
Hiring? Leave a comment
If you’re seeking candidates in the social media industry, many of them are within arms reach, feel free to leave a link to a job description (but not the whole job description, please)