The submissions are defintly picking up, I’m seeing more submissions than before. Why? I attribute this to the start of the new year when many folks change up jobs, and the slight uptick we’re starting to see in the economy.
In an effort to recognize the changes in the social media space, I’ve started this post series (see archives) to both track and congratulate folks who get promoted, move, or accept new exciting positions. Please help me congratulate the following folks:
- Congrats to Jeannette Gibson (Twttier) who has moved to corporate marketing to run social media at Cisco Systems. I’ve shared the stage with her a few times, she’s quite impressive, and has been successful in deploying social programs in B2B environments.
- Congrats to Maria Povermo (Twitter) who’s ascended to the Group Manager, Social Media at Adobe Systems, (Altimeter client)
- Dave Armon has joined Context Optional as director of strategic accounts.
- Zena Weist (Twitter) has landed at HRBLock as the director of social media, congrats.
- Ginevra Kirkland, long term customer advocate at Six Apart (I had the joy of working with her years ago as a client) has now joined the mighty team at Get Satisfaction as a Community and Account Manager read her post, as well as read the interview on Gsat blog.
- Joe Stanhope joins Forrester Research (great folks) as a Senior Analyst focused on site optimization strategy, which includes coverage of Web analytics as well as online testing and targeting platforms.
- WPP owned agency Ogilvy PR hired Dirk Shaw as a senior vice president in its 360° Digital Influence Practice. I’ve worked closely with Dirk in the past and have been impressed, congrats Dirk and Ogilvy.
- Todd Bowman has joined (PDF) Senior Vice President of Sales at appssavvy
- Joel Johnson is now a SVP Integrated Planning Director at Porter Novelli
- Marc-Antoine Ross is the Community & Content Manager at SoftCity Technologies
- Matt Dickman has been promoted to SVP, Digital Strategy at Fleishman-Hillard
- Carey Sullivan has been promoted to Manager of Social Media American Electric Power
- Angela Connor is a new hire as Social Media Manager at Capstrat
- Chris WIlson has joined as a Senior Account Executive, Digital Strategy at Fleishman-Hillard
- Michael Litman joins as a Social Media Planner at Dare Digital
- Andrew D. Nystrom is a new hire as Digital Marketing Manager, Social Media at Red Bull North America #wings
How to connect with others (or get a job):
Several people have been hired because of this blog post series, here’s how you can too:
Submit an announcement
If you know folks that are moving up in the social media industry, fill out this form.
Seeking Social Media Professionals?
If you’re seeking to connect with community advocates and community managers there are few resources
This list, which started with just 8 names continues to grow as folks submit to it. List of Social Computing Strategists and Community Managers for Enterprise Corporations 2008 –Social Media Professionals.
Job Resources in the Social Media and Web Industry
Web Strategy Jobs powered by Job o Matic (Post a job there and be seen by these blog readers, these affiliate fees pay for my hosting) Read Write Web keeps announcements flowing at Jobwire, although is broader than just social media jobs Facebook group for community manager group in Facebook Jake McKee’s community portal for jobs Chris Heuer’s Social Media Jobs SimplyHired aggregates job listings, as does Indeed ForumOne Jobs for Social Media and Community Teresa has a few jobs, some around community New Media hire has an extensive job database Social Media Headhunter Social media jobs Jobs in social media Altimeter Group’s list of social media consultants and agencies See this list of Corporate Social Media Strategists and Community Managers that I keep up to date
Hiring? Leave a comment
If you’re seeking candidates in the social media industry, many of them are within arms reach, feel free to leave a link to a job description (but not the whole job description, please)