Despite a downturn in the economy, we continue to recognize those moving in the social media space. I’ve started this post series (see archives) to both track and congratulate folks who get promoted, move, or accept new exciting positions. Please help me congratulate the following folks:
- Former colleague covering social and enterprise Oliver Young departs Forrester to join Jive Software as a Senior Product Manager. This is an excellent move for Oliver, as well as for Jive. I always admired Oliver for his keen quantitative skills as a colleague, and ability to decipher the moves in the industry. @OliverYoung
- Simon Collister, formerly Head of Digital at Weber Shandwick >has joined We Are Social to head up public sector and not-for-profit work as an account director at social media shop, We Are Social. @simoncollister
- Passenger, what I call an ‘insight community vendor’ that fosters communities for brands that want to better understand their customers has named Michael Winner as SVP of Technology. He hails from Blink Logic as the CTO, and will spearhead product dev, QA and IT.
- Congrats to Christpher Lynch, who did excellent reporting at CIO.com with a strong focus on micoblogging and other web topics. His interest in the topic has landed him at SocialText, a company that provides social and enterprise here in Palo Alto. He’ll be involved with marketing and will utilize his skills and background from mainstream media, I’ll be watching for the launch of his new blog @cglynch
- MindTouch has filled it’s Community Manager/Customer Advocate Role. We are excited to have Katherine Smith (LinkedIn Profile) join from HL2. At HL2, she was Director of Marketing Strategy for Microsoft clients and created the social marketing strategy for SharePoint Social Computing.
How to connect with others (or get a job):
Several people have been hired because of this blog post series, here’s how you can too:
Submit an announcement
If you know folks that are moving up in the social media industry, leave a comment below, or if you’re feeling shy (it’s cool to self-nominate) send me an email. Please include a link to your announcement, and ensure you’re really living and breathing in the social media world –this is not a small aspect of your role.
Seeking Social Media Professionals?
If you’re seeking to connect with community advocates and community managers there are few resources
List of Enterprise Social Media Professionals
This list, which started with just 8 names continues to grow as folks submit to it. List of Social Computing Strategists and Community Managers for Enterprise Corporations 2008 –Social Media Professionals. Other job resources include:
Web Strategy Jobs powered by Job o Matic (Post a job there and be seen by these blog readers, these affiliate fees pay for my hosting) Read Write Web keeps announcements flowing at Jobwire, although is broader than just social media jobs Facebook group for community manager group in Facebook Jake McKee’s community portal for jobs Chris Heuer’s Social Media Jobs SimplyHired aggregates job listings, as does Indeed ForumOne Jobs for Social Media and Community Teresa has a few jobs, some around community New Media hire has an extensive job database Social Media Headhunter Social media jobs Jobs in social media Altimeter Group’s list of social media consultants and agencies
Hiring? Leave a comment
If you’re seeking candidates in the social media industry, many of them are within arms reach, feel free to leave a link to a job description (but not the whole job description, please)