At the close of the session, everyone went around the room and gave their opinions for the lessons learned.
- Mark: Employees are the greatest untapped communication resource.
- Jamie: Make your corporation internally aware of these tools, and make it bottom up
- Daniela: Pushing the corporate membrane, keep on doing it. There is no one social media, there are many different mediums to use.
- Getting people to let go to gain more is a challenge
- Robert Carrol: Letting go is hard, marketing folks don’t want to let go.
- Jeremy Pepper: It’s great to know that we’re not in a island, there are other social media folks.
- Bob: Relates to social media discussions to execs as describing Soylent Green –it’s about people
- Joel: John Schwartz is not a CEO blogger but a blogger that become a CEO
- Jeremiah: Social media is deployed by everyone, not just PR folks.
- Social Media can’t be controlled
- Tami: Feels that social media is taken full circle and is invigorating her passion for PR.
- Giovanni: Replace the term Social Media to a verb –Socializing Media
Craving more? Great write up from Joel.